[mdlug] CMS opinions

Michael Newman newmaniese at gmail.com
Sat Jan 26 10:45:51 EST 2008

I would really recommend Django. It's quick fun and scalable. I found
with multiple people working on php would leave database calls open
and the load on the server was always be high.

Python and Django are fun to learn simple and when there is an error
it tells you exactly what it is. Everything is naturally modular so
taking pieces in and out is really easy.  Building database models
make sense and the source code (if you need to look at it) is easy to
read. The project is about to go to 1.0 and the community is really
great and a book just came out. If you follow it step by step you
would have a very complex CMS customized for your needs.

Also of you need a hand to get started i am in the .01 stages of a
news CMS  that I could easily pass off you.

That being said if you need to stay with php I would recommend drupal
over any of the other ones because of better update scedule and larger
community as well as better db closing.

Michael Newman
Web journalist and developer
WDIV Local 4 Detroit and ClickOnDetroit.com
Cell (717) 332-7758
Work (313) 222-0644