[mdlug] CMS opinions

Jesse J. Salens jjsalens at typotech.net
Fri Jan 25 18:08:59 EST 2008

On Fri, 25 Jan 2008, Robert Adkins wrote:

> The are both very promising and quite full featured, although I am going to
> be going with Mambo, due to the ease of locating more information regarding
> configuration, setup and customization, all out on the net.

Joomla and Mambo are originally from the same code base. Joomla forked because
Mambo wasn't staying true to the open source ideals at the time.

That said, I'm a big fan of joomla though I'm not running anything on it now.
Easy to use, lots of extensions to wrap it all together. They just released
version 1.5, but I would stay with 1.0x if you want to use a majority of the
current plugins.

---
Jesse J. Salens