[mdlug] Interesting information about Windows "7"

Robert Adkins radkins at impelind.com
Tue Jan 22 13:50:30 EST 2008

	From some of the stuff I have been reading, when they initially
started talking about the existence of a Windows "7" design team and product
plan, the whole modular thing has been an express element of the design from
day one of the next Windows OS. I believe at that time, they had already had
a good year, two or more in the bag on this next OS.

	The article I linked said they already released a preliminary
version (Milestone 1 or M1) and plan on releasing 3 more of these before
hitting the presses for the "Gold" release. The articles suggests that this
is well within their timeline.

	If anything in this article comes really close to correct, I have
some concern for the potential growth in desktop marketshare for Linux this
next year. If any of it is true, this is a crucial year for Linux to make
significant inroads, since the window of opportunity could shrink
considerably.

	-Rob