[mdlug] [Fwd: [opensuse-offtopic] NetSol abuses the domain name, registration system.]

Robert Adkins radkins at impelind.com
Fri Jan 11 15:23:30 EST 2008

	Come now Aaron, I thought were a Libertarian.

	If it is an outrageous markup, surely the invisible hand of the
market will correct their fatal mistake.

	Also, why even be concerned with this, obviously they came up with
an excellent business plan for which to extor-- er, I mean increase
shareholder value. They should be applauded as an excellent example of how
business is supposed to work.

> > Of course NetSol's domain squatting to charge the extra fee
> is pretty
> > underhanded ...
>
> That's the point.
> A similar ploy in the financial sector, called fronrunning,
> (a form of insider trading) is already illegal, and can put a
> trader IN JAIL.
>
> <http://www.google.com/search?q=SEC+stock+trader+frontrunning+
OR+frontrunner&start=0&start=0&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8>
&client=mozilla&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:unofficial>

> This is a similar abuse of trust, for similar purposes.

	Surely you cannot be on the side of regulation! Why that would make
you almost.. someone interested in a legally enforced fair and equitable
system. That certainly isn't something that would allow the market to
correct bad behavior.

	I say the above, purely in jest.

	-Rob