[mdlug] It happened...

Ingles, Raymond Raymond.Ingles at compuware.com
Wed Jan 9 08:17:04 EST 2008

> From: Michael S. Mikowski

> Having used a Treo 650 for 2 years, I can say this:  It was a pretty
> good browser, a great PDA, and a mediocre phone.

 What about the phone features of the Treo didn't you like? I admit I'm not
on the phone constantly but I haven't noticed any major deficiencies. It doesn't
do mp3 ringtones natively (if I really cared I'd write a program to do it) but
aside from that, what was missing?

> Maybe you want a nice, slim-line phone that is a great phone, and a
> separate internet/GPS gadget like this: http://www.nokiausa.com/n810

 Those are indeed *very* cute. I got a bluetooth GPS and TomTom software for
my Treo for my anniversary, though, so I've got much of that functionality.
One other nice feature is that Palm stuff syncs very well with Linux, and
I gather that's not quite the same with the N810, though its purposes are
different enough that that might not be an issue for many.

 Sincerely,

 Ray Ingles                                      (313) 227-2317

  or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is
  not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable
   to the American public." - Theodore Roosevelt, May 7, 1918