[mdlug] Network routing and subnetting?

Mathew Enders mat.enders at gmail.com
Tue Jan 8 13:18:12 EST 2008

I have resevered a chunk of addresses on the network eg 10.0.0.25 -
10.0.0.125 I was wondering if I then have a wireles router use one of
the addresses and itself hand out a portion of the addresses if they
would see the entire network or still be subneted behind the router.

This is current setup:

router1 obtains ip address 10.0.0.215
and hands out addresses 10.0.1.1 - 10.0.1.254
router2 obtains ip address 10.0.0.223
and hands out addresses 10.0.2.1 - 10.0.2.254

With this current setup all machines being serviced by the routers in
question can not access the services running on the main network of
10.0.0.1 - 10.0.0.254

This is the proposed setup:

router1 obtains ip address 10.0.0..1
and hands out addresses 10.0.0.2 - 10.0.0.11
router2 obtains ip address 10.0.0.12
and hands out addresses 10.0.0.13 - 10.0.0.22

My question is will the machines being issued thier addresses by the
wireless router be able to see and make use of the services running on
the network that they previously could not

tia
Mat