[mdlug] SDL extensions - how common?

Ingles, Raymond Raymond.Ingles at compuware.com
Wed Sep 26 15:57:58 EDT 2007

> From: Rich Elswick

> as to your audio question... I belive they recommend FMOD over OpenAL, although FMOD
> costs some $, but not much.

 I appreciate the suggestion, but (a) my budget for this is $0.00, and (b) I want
it to be entirely open-source, and (c) I've played with OpenAL before and it's
entirely adequate for my needs and a pleasant API to use, as well.

 Were I making a commercial game, my considerations might be different.

 Sincerely,

 Ray Ingles                                            (313) 227-2317

 "...how much money for Afghan reconstruction did the administration
     put in its 2004 budget? None. The Bush team forgot about it.
 Embarrassed Congressional staff members had to write in $300 million
                     to cover the lapse."
       - http://www.nytimes.com/2003/02/21/opinion/21KRUG.html