[mdlug] [Tech Support] Bitpim, LG VX6100, USB

Robert Meier eaglecoach at wwnet.com
Wed Oct 31 17:04:53 EDT 2007

linux cell phone users,

Is anyone using bitpim?
Is anyone using an LG VX6100?

I recently acquired a straight data cable,
and when plugged in, a usb device appears in /proc/bus/usb/001/

When I start bitpim, plug the cable in, boot the phone,
select [Settings], and [Browse], it reports
       2 ports active but unavailable
	 ... LG VX6100 ... Interface Modem Interface ...
	 ... LG VX6100 ... Interface Diagnostics Interface ...
If I select either of these the detail reports that it is
   active True ... os reports the device is correctly configured and attached
   available False ... was unable to open this port

After googling,
      I have verified filesystem permissions of /dev/usb/usbdev1.*
      Tried booting the phone w/ and w/o the cable attached.
      Tried access with the phone off, and on.
      Set phone interface setting to USB, Serial (19200, 115200)

Any suggestions?

TIA,
--
Robert Meier

  When asked what time it is: "Do you mean now?"
     -- Yogi Berra