[mdlug] OpenSync & SyncML (formerly Re: Linux and cell phones?)

Adam Tauno Williams adamtaunowilliams at gmail.com
Tue Oct 16 19:27:12 EDT 2007

> How would I determine if my phone supports SyncML? I
> have a MotoQ, which runs Windows Mobile 5.0 -- not
> Pocket PC, but would it make sense that Mobile should
> also support SyncML, right?

On some phones it is built in;  it is common in Nokias I believe.  It
will be listed as a feature.

Otherwise you have to install a third-part app.  Synthesis for Palm OS
devices and the Funambol plugin for Windows Mobile devices.  There may
be other SyncML clients for Windows Mobile devices.

--
Adam Tauno Williams, Network & Systems Administrator
Consultant - http://www.whitemiceconsulting.com