[mdlug] Linux and cell phones?

Ingles, Raymond Raymond.Ingles at compuware.com
Tue Oct 16 10:13:41 EDT 2007

> From: Elisa Gomez

> There was also an article in the Sept 07 issue of
> Linux Journal about hacking a Bluetooth enabled phone
> that runs Windows Mobile or that you don't have the
> correct USB cable for.

 I use a Bluetooth adapter on my home computer (running Linux) so that
I can use my Treo 650 to surf the net anywhere in my house. Comes in
handy sometimes. I can also SSH in to my Linux box from upstairs and
run whatever I like.

 I can also run Linux *on* my Treo 650, using the directions and images
here:

 http://blog.mikeasoft.com/2007/06/30/im-in-ur-treo-linuxin-ur-phonez/

 ...but there are limitations. The Bluetooth doesn't work yet, nor
does the phone portion, and the keyboard is limited in functionality.
Booting Linux off the SD card turns it into just a PDA, but it's
interesting nonetheless and I'm keeping tabs on their progress.

 Sincerely,

 Ray Ingles                                (313) 227-2317

 "Microsoft Wheel. Now with 8 sides for a smoother ride."
               - The Ghost in the Machine