[mdlug] Wireless card recommendation -update-

Ingles, Raymond Raymond.Ingles at compuware.com
Tue Oct 9 08:56:58 EDT 2007

> From: Michael ORourke

> I picked up a D-Link WDA-2320 card from a local store and
> installed it. Seems to be working well.  It uses the Madwifi drivers.

 A store called "InkStop" is running a deal this week on "Trendnet
TEW-441PC" wireless notebook cards, $35. I picked one up yesterday for
a laptop I'm refurbishing for my nephew, and after a power-cycle of the
laptop, it worked fine with Ubuntu 7.06. Also uses the Atheros chipset,
so it's pretty well-supported in Linux.

 The TEW-443PI is the version for desktops, but I didn't look to see
if InkStop had any of those in stock.

 Sincerely,

 Ray Ingles                                      (313) 227-2317

     If the Bush administration can't sort New Orleans out,
               what are their chances in Iraq?