[mdlug] Wireless card recommendation -update-

Michael ORourke mrorourke at earthlink.net
Tue Oct 9 00:34:23 EDT 2007

I picked up a D-Link WDA-2320 card from a local store and installed it.
Seems to be working well.  It uses the Madwifi drivers.  The only problem I
ran into thus far is where I want to install the PC, I'm not getting a
signal.  So I temporarily moved the PC closer to the Access Point and
configured it on the network.  The office I'm trying to get a signal to is
about 200' from the AP, but there are several walls in between it and the
PC.  Since that part of the building doesn't have any network cabling, I
don't have a lot of options.  I might try to move the AP so it's closer, but
that is not a trivial task.