[mdlug] WiFi -Woes(?) or Broadcom is 'the' lame

Ingles, Raymond Raymond.Ingles at compuware.com
Thu Nov 29 16:09:27 EST 2007

> From: Robert Adkins

> 	Yeah, I know about WEP. I don't want to use that, as it
> certainly is as you say it is.

 One mitigating factor is that, very shortly, my new firewall will be up,
running IPCop. That allows you to specify a special, segregated wireless
branch of the network that isn't allowed to get to the wired portion.

 Sincerely,

 Ray Ingles                                                (313) 227-2317

  "...it is largely unnecessary to trade civil liberties for security...
   the best security measures -- reinforcing the airplane cockpit door,
   putting barricades and guards around important buildings, improving
  authentication for telephone and Internet banking -- have no effect on
     civil liberties. Broad surveillance is a mark of bad security."
                           - Bruce Schneier