[mdlug] WiFi -Woes(?) or Broadcom is 'the' lame

Robert Adkins radkins at impelind.com
Thu Nov 29 16:04:11 EST 2007

	Yeah, I know about WEP. I don't want to use that, as it certainly is
as you say it is.

>  However, I've also placed my WAP low in my basement. The
> signal isn't detectable (at least, with the hardware I have)
> from the street, but I have no trouble hooking up anywhere in
> my house with reasonable speed.

	My house bizarely acts similar to a Faraday cage. I am unable to
receive a signal for the Oakland County Wireless, that's freely available in
my neighborhood, from outside and I have been unable to get a signal from my
WAP while outside of my house.

	This was tested with my cell phone, which has WiFi capability and
not a very good antenae at that. I did, once, see the Oakland County WiFi
popup while I was in the basement on the laptop, the signal was weak and
didn't last for long.

	-Rob