[mdlug] Memory modules

Drew drew4096 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 27 02:13:46 EST 2007

     I am considering bringing the main brain up to or over a Gig of
memory. There are two
slots, each currently containing a 256M module. The motherboard book
specification for
memory reads as follows:

DRAM Access Time: 2.5V Unbuffered DDR200/266 MHz Type required.
DRAM Type: 64MB/128MB/256MB/512MB/1GB DIMM Module (184 pin)

     Now I am currently beginning to see near acceptable prices for
desktop 1GB modules
in the ads of Best Buy, Office Max, etc. However, how shall I know
whether the module
will even fit into the slot let alone function without the computer
going wonky because
of incompatibility? Will any modern module work? Or is my motherboard
now hopelessly
out of date? (I got it near the end of '03.)

     Thanks;

   - Drew.