[mdlug] Cups printer/scanner

Tony Bemus tony at bemushosting.com
Sat Nov 24 20:37:34 EST 2007

I have a HP PSC-1210 printer/copier/scanner and My Ubuntu desktop
recognized it with no problems, both the printer and the scanner.
  I shared the printer out with samba for my wife's laptop and my XP VM.
I had to find some alternate drivers (HP 3420) for windows to use it
across the network.  I then shared the drivers to make it easy to get to
the drivers from windows.

Tony

On Sat, 2007-11-24 at 19:49 -0500, Michael Newman wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I am new to the area and the group and have been really enjoyed the
> topics of the last few weeks, and I need a bit of advice from you
> experts as I am moving my work experience of Linux to my personal
> network and day-to-day computing.
>
> Yesterday was black Friday, and looking at sales we saw quite a few
> printers that were really great. My home network is all connected to
> base ubuntu server 7.10 and my current lexmark x7100 series, which
> worked great on my old Windows network that I am desperately getting
> rid of, doesn't have any support according to internet searches.
>
> I know there are drivers that work with hp printers, but do the
> scanners work well too? How do they work in a shared environment? What
> level of difficulty work it take to install this on my network? Has
> anyone done this with an hp printer? Lastly, but not least, anyone
> have any recommendations of a linux compatable scanner/printer/copier
> that prints photographs (high quality).
>
> Thanks,
>
> Michael Newman
Tony Bemus