[mdlug] Cups printer/scanner

Michael Newman newmaniese at gmail.com
Sat Nov 24 19:49:53 EST 2007

Hello everyone,

I am new to the area and the group and have been really enjoyed the
topics of the last few weeks, and I need a bit of advice from you
experts as I am moving my work experience of Linux to my personal
network and day-to-day computing.

Yesterday was black Friday, and looking at sales we saw quite a few
printers that were really great. My home network is all connected to
base ubuntu server 7.10 and my current lexmark x7100 series, which
worked great on my old Windows network that I am desperately getting
rid of, doesn't have any support according to internet searches.

I know there are drivers that work with hp printers, but do the
scanners work well too? How do they work in a shared environment? What
level of difficulty work it take to install this on my network? Has
anyone done this with an hp printer? Lastly, but not least, anyone
have any recommendations of a linux compatable scanner/printer/copier
that prints photographs (high quality).

Thanks,

Michael Newman