[mdlug] Linspire caves in to Microsoft patent threat

Michael Corral micorral at comcast.net
Wed May 16 16:39:51 EDT 2007

Wolfger a ecrit:
> As I thought... pure speculation, no fact.

No, not really. It's there:
"However, we're realistic enough to understand that other customers will
want the best software available, regardless of whether it's purely open
source or "mixed source," combining open source along with patented
technology when necessary, at a fair and reasonable price, and without
any uncertainty as to the software's legality."

If you still have trouble reading and comprehending that, let me
know and I can try to explain it to you further.

> I don't think a license has the power to do that, but I could be
> wrong.
[snip]
> I'm not at all sure the GPLv3 does what you say it does.

Does that mean you haven't actually read the proposed GPLv3?
I have to say, given your difficulty in reading the Linspire
statement, I don't hold much hope in your being able to
comprehend the GPLv3. ;)

Michael