[mdlug] Automotive technical info wanted (only slightly off topic)

Drew drew4096 at gmail.com
Sat May 5 00:20:46 EDT 2007

     I have come into possession of a _Windstar_ class minivan. It wasn't
my first choice, but for better or worse it's what I now have; and all
indications and opinions are that I could have done worse.

     I bring this up because I'm seeking help from the Ford geeks on
these lists, to wit:

* The pin-outs to the Data-Link Connector

* What information can be obtained via this link

* Source code to the software in the PCM

* I'm particularly interested in getting a reading of the
   fuel consumption rate (in gallons per hour).

* Possibly a direct reading of the Mass Airflow (MAF) sensor, or
   else the fuel injector pulse width, might be sufficient.

* And what would it take to make this engine E85 (or better yet,
   M85/coalgas/woodgas) capable?

(Like I said, it wasn't my first choice.)

What information can you Ford people get hold of?

----

- Drew.