[mdlug] Knoppix from Windoze

David Relson relson at osagesoftware.com
Sat Mar 17 23:12:56 EDT 2007

On Sat, 17 Mar 2007 18:34:56 -0700
Michael S. Mikowski wrote:

....[snip]...

> You might try Kubuntu instead of Knoppix.  It has K3B by default
> IIRC, and the install disk is also a live CD.  If everything works by
> well, you could go the next step and install Kubuntu directly.
>
> Also, Quicken has perl modules that allow you to access its data.
> Perhaps that is not important.  IIRC, the Quicken database is an open
> published format as of a few years ago.
>
> --
> Mike
> www.dynaorg.com

Thank you all for your suggestions.  My sister and brother-in-law have
been able to create a bootable Knoppix ISO.  Their next step will be
recovering the Quicken file which they'll be able to handle --
partially because my sister is a CPA and does Quicken types of things
for a living :->

Regards,

David