[mdlug] Parallel port print server

R. Kannan rkannan at peoplepc.com
Sat Mar 17 09:34:10 EDT 2007

Hi,

I have two old parallel port printers, one of which is connected to a Linux desktop. That printer works well while accessed either from the desktop or from a laptop running Linux. But does not seem to work at all (through samba) with Windoze from the same laptop or another desktop.

So, I am looking to use the other printer with a wired or wireless print server. There seems to be a very few that can support parallel port printers. Does anyone have any experience with these gadgets?

I found two while googling

Hawking Tech Wireless G Print Server 2 USB 1PAR 10/100 LAN IPP 802.11G - HWPS12UG - Wireless
MODEL- HPS12U VENDOR- HAWKING TECHNOLOGIES FEATURES- 2 USB + 1 Parallel Port - Wired

Any feedback is appreciated.

TIA