[mdlug] Debian help

Richard Harding rharding at mitechie.com
Fri Mar 16 06:35:48 EDT 2007

jack freeman wrote:
> For the past few months I have been trying to get Debian to work on my
> server with limited success. At first i could not get grub to load, even
> taking it to the lug meeting turned up nothing. since then I have been
> able to get it up and going but have not been able to get my mail server
> working. Apache has been up and running but I had a problem with a
> plug-in that i needed to get my photo album up and going trying to fix
> that has messed the web server up.

What is the photo album software? What plugin messed things up?

With your mail server, what type of setup are you going for?
Postfix/Exim? What all are you trying to get ready? Webmail, spam
filtering, imap/pop serving?

> I am leaving the state in May and I really need to get this box up
> before then. So here I go throwing myself at the feet of eveyone on this
> list. I am looking to see if there is anyone out there that would be
> willing to give me a hand with this. Im in the Ypsilanti area and im
> willing to supply pizza and beer. I really hate doing things this way
> but Im on a time crunch and comming to the Wash Lug meetings is hard
> because I have school until 10.00pm tus and thr nights.

I might be able to try to help some. I have setup several debian boxes
and generally love them because they go together pretty nicely. Sorry to
hear you're having tons of issues.

Rick