[mdlug] CAD vs CAE (for linux)

Ingles, Raymond Raymond.Ingles at compuware.com
Mon Jul 9 15:47:22 EDT 2007

> From: Jeff Hanson

> The reason cracks are needed for some games under Wine is that the
> developers can't see the protection system code without signing an NDA
> which would prevent them from releasing code written to support it.

 I always find a no-CD crack for the games I play on Windows. And I don't
pirate games.

 I have four young boys now. The youngest is barely a month old, but the
rest are ambulatory and form an active threat to precious install media.
I can't afford to be digging out a CD every time I want to play a game.
For one thing, that's too dang slow and my game time is short enough as
it is. But if I ever forget to put the CD away after I'm done...

 Sincerely,

 Ray Ingles                                     (313) 227-2317

    "Mind control doesn't work on people who think." - Eris