[mdlug] AIT Radeon 9200

Michael S. Mikowski z_mikowski at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 6 16:07:44 EDT 2007

On Friday 06 July 2007, - wrote:
> If anyone has any recommendations for video card (must have duel
> video monitor outputs) 2 or 3 DVI is better but mix will work.

PNY(?) NVidia GT 7800.  Dual DVI.  Great performance on 1920x1200 flat
panel.  Plenty fast.  Painless driver support in Kubuntu.

ATI is still playing catch-up on Linux driver support.  Cannot emphasize
the last point enough.  My brother, for example, still insists on
purchasing ATI hardware and then tries to run Linux with it.  Arghhh!
If you have a choice, just buy Nvidia.  The drivers just work, and work
well.

Cheers,

Mike

--