[mdlug] AIT Radeon 9200

Michael S. Mikowski z_mikowski at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 6 18:00:40 EDT 2007

On Friday 06 July 2007, Jeff Hanson wrote:
> On 7/6/07, - <otakurider at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Any one played with the Radeon 9200 and duel monitors with Fedora
> > or Debian. Looking to update my Fedora 5 with Matrox G450 duel
> > monitors to something that can do 3D  want to try beryl or Compiz.
> > If anyone has any recommendations for video card (must have duel
> > video monitor outputs) 2 or 3 DVI is better but mix will work.
>
> Last time I tried dual-head with Compiz/Beryl it didn't work.  The
> second head was always black.  X limitations may be fixed in the next
> version of X.  If you are just running dual monitors then it might
> not be a problem.

Beryl now works with Dual monitors -- one big box spans them both
(although there is an option for a box on each screen too).

For Kubuntu 7.04 fans, it works nearly out of the box.  Simply install
auquamarine, beryl-kubuntu, beryl-manager, and emerald (the last should
be optional).  And then, add composite switches in xorg.conf:
Section "Device"
    Identifier     "Device0" # depends on your config
    Driver         "nvidia"
    Option         "XAANoOffscreenPixmaps"
    Option         "AddARGBGLXVisuals" "True"
    VendorName     "NVIDIA Corporation"
EndSection
Section "DRI"
    Mode 0666