[mdlug] Downloading video (and other) streams

David Favro mdlug at meta-dynamic.com
Fri Feb 9 02:31:40 EST 2007

Drew wrote:
> Re Firefox: same problem as I had with user string management: This is
> not a desktop. While there is a version of Firefox for the zaurus, (a)
> I haven't been able to get it to work at all, and (b) it is very
> likely a stripped doen version that's unable to handle extensions the
> way the desktop version can.

I download YouTube videos with 'wget'.  If you can run that on your
zaurus you can get them.  You only need to find the URL, which you can
do (amongst other ways) by sniffing your connection when you bring up
the page in a browser, maybe you could do it on your slow connection on
the desktop, then wget the URL on the zaurus.  Otherwise, you could
write a script to get the URL using nothing but wget by parsing the
web-page, but that's a little involved.