[mdlug] Downloading video (and other) streams

Drew drew4096 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 8 12:34:27 EST 2007

On 2/8/07, Ingles, Raymond <Raymond.Ingles at compuware.com> wrote:

>  If you mean something that downloads videos directly to a Zaurus to be
> viewed there, then I don't know of anything like that.

Not necessarily for viewing on the zaurus...

>  If, however, you're proposing downloading with a desktop, processing the
> files there, and then putting the resulting files onto a Zaurus for viewing,

Other way around please.

The internet  connection available to my desktop is too slow and too
limited in connect time to even think about downloading a video.
Anything of high volume must go through the zaurus via a wireless
connection, though I don't expect to be able to play it there.

Re Firefox: same problem as I had with user string management: This is
not a desktop. While there is a version of Firefox for the zaurus, (a)
I haven't been able to get it to work at all, and (b) it is very
likely a stripped doen version that's unable to handle extensions the
way the desktop version can.

-----

- Drew.