[mdlug] Is Vista going to be the new Windows ME?

Robert Adkins radkins at impelind.com
Thu Feb 1 12:23:12 EST 2007

Michael Corral wrote:
> Could be. Desktop PCs seem to be fading away in favor of laptops, which
> are still needed, though, at this little place I like to call 'work'. ;)
> Though there was an article recently about some businesses starting to
> move back towards using dumb terminals, which I think is a great idea.
> But for home use, the PC may very well be dying. But they won't disappear
> anytime soon. Some people like to keep old stuff around. :)
>
> Michael
    Until laptop PCs provide better capabilities that desktops and
include the ability to be upgraded like desktops, I highly doubt that
desktops will go away.

    Every laptop I have owned has more or less remained unchanged from
the day I plinked down the large sums of money for it. The only upgrades
I have performed has been OS and memory.

    Over the same course of time, I have spent less initially and have
gotten better performance and the ability to upgrade the hardware bit by
bit with my desktop systems.

    -Rob