[mdlug] OT: podcasts?

Ingles, Raymond Raymond.Ingles at compuware.com
Thu Aug 16 14:07:38 EDT 2007

> From: Wolfger

> I got a great one from Meijer that could broadcast on any vacant
> channel, but the cord that connected it to the player was also the
> antenna, and it got damaged after a rather short while. :-(

 That would be depressing. This one uses an entirely standard audio cable,
and I replaced it with a longer one just to impress my 7-year-old by having
his DS sound come out of the car stereo. :->

> I think my next step is converter from mp3 player to CD... I think
> they make those. I need to get back to the podcasts I haven't listened
> to in ages.

 Convering to cassette is no problem, though cassette sound is... limited.
But I can't imagine what would be involved in converting to play on a CD.
Some kind of micro-LCD display that would handle being spun inside a CD
housing?

 Now, burning mp3s onto a CD for later playback, that's no big deal. But
I don't think there's an 'mp3 to CD' converter, though you can certainly
get car stereos that can play mp3s nowadays.

 Sincerely,

 Ray Ingles                                    (313) 227-2317

 "Windows NT *does* have a low cost of ownership. The problem
     is, *Microsoft* owns it. You merely *licensed* it..."
                   - after Jens Benecke