[mdlug] OT: podcasts?

Michael Rudas audiotech50 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 16 19:17:42 EDT 2007

Raymond Ingles wrote:

>  Now, burning mp3s onto a CD for later playback, that's no big deal. But
> I don't think there's an 'mp3 to CD' converter, though you can certainly
> get car stereos that can play mp3s nowadays.

Unless you're referring to a physical device that fits in a CD slot,
most CD-burning software AUTOMAGICALLY converts MP3s to CDDA/WAVs
on-the-fly when burning audio CDs-- or both WinAmp and XMMS have a
"disk writer" option that plays MP3s to a disk file instead of the
audio device under "output options".  You just have to ensure that the
uncompressed tracks will FIT on an 80-minute CD, is all.

If I'm flogging the obvious, I apologize.

-- Mikey