[mdlug] Linux Text Editors -- Try Cooledit

LAP mail1 at lapiet.info
Fri Jan 6 07:39:48 EST 2023

On Thu, 5 Jan 2023 18:38:58 -0500 (EST)
Jay <jjn at nuge.com> wrote:

>     I'll admit being biased as I've been using VI/VIM since the Yggdrasil
> days of Linux and use it for EVERYTHING.

Everyone raves about VIM.  It's nearly unanimous.  VIM is the best.

Based on this, I tried VIM.  Immediately I was dead in the water.

Why?  Because VIM uses "modes."

IMO, modes in a text editor is the most inane thing imaginable.  I want
to concentrate on creating and editing and not on shifting between
various modes.  To me, modes are the silliest idea for an editor but
I suppose for VIM, being essentially a console program, they are necessary.