[mdlug] Linux Text Editors -- Try Cooledit

Steve Litt slitt at troubleshooters.com
Tue Jan 3 16:27:39 EST 2023

LAP said on Tue, 3 Jan 2023 05:23:36 -0500

>I'll need to acquaint myself with jitsi first.  I don't
>have it installed.

You don't need to install Jitsi because you can use the server at
jit.si. Here's how simple it is. You aim your Chromium or Chrome
browser to the meeting URL. When asked if you're willing to share your
microphone and camera (which you don't have), say yes, and you're in
the meeting. There's no necessity for a camera.

>I have a microphone but no camera, but if all I have to
>do is share the screen then I probably don't need a camera.

Correct. And any meeting participant can share his or her screen. There
are a bunch of icons at the bottom if you mouse down there, and one of
those icons is to share your screen. Then you choose either screen,
window, or something else after clicking on the dialog (a little
confusing), and bang, you're sharing your screen. I always share the
whole screen.

If you'd like some practice before your presentation, you can point
your Chromium browser to https://meet.jit.si/golug at 7PM Eastern
STANDARD time to participate. We can talk you through sharing your
screen.

NOTE: There are many reports of Firefox being able to tune into Jitsi,
but my experience is the sound never works in Firefox. Perhaps it would
work if I installed Pulseaudio, but I don't drive on that side of the
road.

SteveT

Steve Litt