[mdlug] Vmware ESXi 6.x root password lost

Carl T. Miller carl at carltm.com
Sun Feb 26 10:57:48 EST 2023

If this happened to me and I felt like a cowboy, I'd
just run the SystemRescue iso on a  ventoy usb,
then either clear root's password or make another
user with UID 0.  As I recall, ESXi is based on Red
Hat, so it should work.

If I wanted to be sure, I'd install ESXi 6.x in a vm
and test before doing it for real.