[mdlug] Large archival drive?

Ryan Allen rallen3882 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 15 23:35:59 EST 2022

If it’s just for PC backup data, or nothing you’re interested in having backed up separately, then I’ve had good luck with those little USB
 “bookshelf drives” like this one that you can just plug into a dock or something and never really have to worry about again.

https://www.microcenter.com/product/611922/wd-elements-8tb-usb-31-gen-1-desktop-external-hard-drive-black

If you’re interested in some kind of “always-on” NAS system as an extension of your PC storage (which could have a backup strategy if it’s own) then I’ve had good luck with NAS rated internal drives like this one.  Allegedly they’re better suited for that sort of thing, but something tells me I’ll still be cranky when one fails haha.

https://www.microcenter.com/product/611674/seagate-ironwolf-8tb-7200rpm-sata-iii-6gb-s-35-internal-nas-cmr-hard-drive

Good luck!
-Ryan