[mdlug] My Jeep ate my audio files

R Kannan rk111810 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 11 15:54:07 EDT 2022

All,

I had an old MTP player (believe with a vfat file system)  and I used
gMTP to upload audio files into it. I tried connecting it through USB in
my new Jeep but it could not handle the MTP protocol for some reason.
Then I made it present itself as a file system it could recognize it but
said there is no audio files in the player. Lo and behold, all the files
seemed to have been wiped out. I could not read the player from gMTP
anymore. I could browse the file system after switching to file system
interface.

Any ideas on what had happened. Fortunately I have all the audio (mp3)
files on my Ubuntu desktop and I can upload all of them if I can get the
MTP protocol to work.

Thanks in advance for any ideas.