[mdlug] Poll: what virtualization products are you using?

Carl T. Miller carl at carltm.com
Sun Jan 9 09:42:47 EST 2022

On 1/9/22 9:26 AM, Carl T. Miller wrote:
> Just a fun thing to see what we're doing for doing
> for virtualization.  Please list as much info as you're
> comfortable with sharing.

At home I use KVM on a rack-mount server for most
of my vms.  It has 16 cpus and 128 GB of ram with
180 GB raid1 drives and a 9 TB usb drive.

I'm also breaking in a new server with 12 cpus and
31 GB of ram with 140 GB raid1 drives.

Then I have a laptop running KVM for a couple of
small vms used for testing and/or playing games.

There are 2 VPS servers which I don't need to manage
out on the internet somewhere.

In addition I am running VirtualBox on a friend's
computer because she wants Windows 10 as her
primary OS.

For the most part everything "just works" so I'm
happy with this setup.