[mdlug] Opensource Field Service Management/Dispatch

Peter Bart peterbart.ch at gmail.com
Thu Jan 28 18:52:13 EST 2021

On 1/28/21 6:01 PM, Carl T. Miller wrote:
> Hmm.  I tried searching for Zoho Invoice and FSM.  There is a match
> that isn't terribly expensive.  It's Zoho FSM, and I suspect it would
> work even if it doesn't mention Zoho Invoice in the description. I
> wonder if Zoho FSM is a separate product that supercedes Invoice.
>
> https://help.zoho.com/portal/en/kb/fsm/getting-started/articles/fsm-pricing
>

> What do you think of this?

Hi Carl,

     Sorry, should have been more clear. Zoho is a giant collection of
saas "modules", one of which is Books that contains the Invoice section
that we use. Zoho FSM is a thing, it's been promised for several years
now but it's not yet at beta stage in the US. It might be available
elsewhere in the world, but if you try and login to it it just gives you
the "please email us if you're interested in early access". I had high
hopes for the Zoho Projects module, but it lacks the basic input fields
like customer billing and service address's, etc. It's for a company at
a fixed location that has projects they need to collaborate on. So I'm
off on the hunt, so far odoo looks the best.