[mdlug] Any interest in managing RPI images?

carl at carltm.com carl at carltm.com
Thu Feb 11 17:21:03 EST 2021

Just a thought for a topic on Saturday.

I've been deploying images of Ubuntu 20.04 to my Raspberry
Pis and got tired of all the extraneous work, such as
copying over ssh keys, updating passwords, setting network
preferences, etc.

It dawned on me that I could extract the original image,
make adjustments, and create a new customized image that is
ready to roll.

This also inspired me to find a way to quickly and easily
replace a borked MicroSD card on a production pi.

I'm suggesting this as the main presentation for the next
meeting...unless you have other suggestions.