[mdlug] Question about swap spaces

Carl T. Miller carl at carltm.com
Sun May 10 19:07:31 EDT 2020

I can't think of any reason to have swap space on
a NAS.  Swap space is used by the OS, and it is not
associated with data partitions.  (Granted, swap
space can be on a partition, but it isn't used by any
partition.)  So...if you need swap space, that should
be on a device on the computer.

Since you already have several partitions on the NAS
and you plan to provide access to each as needed,
is there anything else you need?