[mdlug] email weirdness

Carl T. Miller carl at carltm.com
Thu Mar 19 10:14:06 EDT 2020

Some of you may know about DMARC, a protocol that
can be used to ensure email that claims to be from a
given domain actually comes from that domain.

For mdlug.org we have had no issues (that I am aware
of) with DMARC, so I was surprised to see that several
mail servers rejected email from our server yesterday.
Until I figure out why that happened, I have disabled
DMARC and DKIM for the domain.  We are still using
an SPF record, so I don't anticipate a flood of spam.

I will watch the logs after sending this message.  As
always, if you are aware of any email issues, please
send email to carl at carltm.com.

Thanks!