[mdlug] Adaptive sync monitors with Linux (Nvidia)?

Raymond Ingles sorceror171 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 29 19:39:56 EDT 2020

I've already found one key bit of information. The X Window system
currently cannot generally support a dual-monitor adaptive-sync setup.

If you have two adaptive monitors, *and* one app/game covers *both*
screens, it's *supposed* to work. Other setups (e.g. an adaptive monitor
and a fixed-sync one) don't work. (Well, they do if you run separate X
servers on each, but that means dragging windows between monitors doesn't
work.)

So if I get such a monitor, it'll need to be an ultrawide one, because I
like lots of windows open at once. At least, until Wayland is more of a
thing.