[mdlug] Using image in place of camera feed on Jitsi

email5000 at usa.com email5000 at usa.com
Sun Aug 9 13:18:44 EDT 2020

Thanks for the feedback, guys.

I'm not at all versed in webcams, much less well-versed. I appreciate
the heads-up on Meijer, so I did a quick search for Logitech webcams at
Meijer and found the following (only listing):

     Logitech Webcam C270 ($30)

... is this the one you mentioned, Peter?

Anyway, they are out of stock in all the stores within 50 miles. I've
looked online in several places (Walmart, Target, etc.) - the going
price seems to start around $50+; but it looks like there is the C270
and the C270 HD. I found a new HD one listed online in a bid (next bid
is $10). Who knows how high the bidding  will go !?!?

On a slightly different note, I will say that Carl's suggestion yielded
a solution that could help for an image in the mean time (at least til I
get a webcam) - simply display an image on the computer and share that
screen (i.e. window). I tried it out this morning and it seems to work
(near as I can tell). Since I was the only one in the meeting, 'tiling'
only showed my  own share-screen, and it consumed pretty much all of the
available viewport.

On yet another note, I do have an old Sony digital-still-camera (DSC)
that also records videos that someone recently gave me. It does have of
course a USB out for uploading the images; but the computer sees it as a
storage unit - not for real-time video out; It also has an analog out
(such as for displaying on a TV), but I don't have an analog input on my
computer.... still pondering the whole situation.

I'll keep you informed!

Thanks again for the feedback.

-Rich