[mdlug] Opening SQlite 2.1 Database

Peter Bart peterbart.ch at gmail.com
Sat Apr 25 14:42:46 EDT 2020

On 4/24/20 7:11 AM, Carl T. Miller wrote:
> On 4/23/20 9:25 PM, Peter Bart wrote:
>>     I have my contacts in an app called GPE Contacts which is stored
>> as an
>> SQlite 2.1 database. I'm having trouble figuring out how to select
>> multiple (all) contacts to export so I can import them into Thunderbird.
>
> I had no idea there were so many ways to work on
> an sqlite db file.  Here is a page full of solutions that
> worked on various problems.
>
> <https://stackoverflow.com/questions/18259692/how-to-recover-a-corrupt-sqlite3-database/18260642>
>

> Personally I'd make a copy of the file and then start
> tinkering with it using sqlite3, since the goal is to
> extract the data and not rebuild the original file.

Thanks All!
	So Dbeaver is able to open the file, but can't really tell if all the
information is there because it's in an order that is seemingly random
to me but I'm sure it makes sense. So to me all the information is
jumbled and out of context. I tried some of the suggestions from
stackoverflow, but frankly most of that was beyond me. So we are going
very low tech, I'm using c&p from the GPE Contacts into a Thunderbird
address book on the old machine. Then I'm going to copy that file onto a
flash drive and import it into Thunderbird on the new machine. Tedious,
but I knew it was coming for a long time and I should have made more
work of it when GPE was no longer maintained a long long time ago. I
could have possibly synced it to Evolution or Gmail, but all those
instructions are no longer available. Sigh. Thanks tho! It won't be to
bad, I have a desk setup w/external monitors, keyboard and mouse that is
set up to work from home with a different laptop that I can put my
machine in. I need to go through the address book anyway to throw out
out of date information.