[mdlug] Bluetooth Plunge!?!?

Ricky rstaff at sprynet.com
Sun Jan 6 23:21:57 EST 2019

I went got myself a Plugable Bluetooth Adapter (Class 2) paired with an
Otis & Eleanor Bongo speaker.

The Bongo speaker's sound is very good for such a small speaker.

However, when I get about ten feet away (I have stepped outside of my
computer room and started walking towards the kitchen area) from the
computer with the Plugable Adapter --- the signal/sound disappears!?!

What Bluetooth speaker pairs well with a Bluetooth Adapter (Class 1) to
get maximum distance/range?  Class 1 Bluetooth adapters are supposed to
have a longer range.

The computer is a tower PC, thus it is not something that can be lugged
around with a Bluetooth speaker to keep the range short. Will I have
give up my summer fantasy of sipping a cold one on my deck while
listening to a Bluetooth speaker?  ;>)

Helpful suggestions will be appreciated.

Ubuntu Forever (or was that Wakanda?),

Rick Staff

P.S. Ubuntu MATE 16.04 had all the Bluetooth software installed!!!
Idiot me thought I had Bluetooth hardware in my tower PC too.  Nope.
And thus my Bluetooth adventure has begun.