[mdlug] topic for next meeting? Election

gib at juno.com gib at juno.com
Fri Feb 23 16:57:51 EST 2018

According to the club by-laws the officers of the club must be elected each year.

The March 10th meeting will include the elections.

Nominations have already started.  To nominate someone before the meeting notify the secretary.

>From the by-laws:
"In the case of a proxy vote, the member wishing to have a proxy vote in his/her stead must notify the Secretary in writing prior to the election. This notification may be in the form of an email.".
"Nomination of candidates for office shall be made any time prior to the election, including at the meeting."

Copy of the by-laws:
http://mdlug.org/about/bylaws.php

List of officers;
http://mdlug.org/about.php

I think the club could spend the rest of the meeting getting back to its roots.  Talking about Linux and open source,

Can anyone think of some interesting topics?

Topics I'd like to suggest:

Let's build an open source environment as a demonstration at Penguicon.

What does your home lab look like?

What can we do to improve our home computer experience using open source.

What open source software do we want to learn about?

Open source software that I'm hearing about:
OpenStack
Kubernetes

If your were going to build the data center for Musk City on Mars what would it look like?