[mdlug] MDLUG Club Elections

gib at juno.com gib at juno.com
Mon Feb 5 17:40:42 EST 2018

January is election day.

Here is our current list of officers and appointees:

http://mdlug.org/about.php

Bylaws:

http://mdlug.org/about/bylaws.php

VI. ELECTIONS
    A. MDLUG shall hold an annual election in January, performing such business as required herein. The Secretary shall have supervision and management of all elections.

    B. Officers shall be elected at a regular meeting of MDLUG by the attending members. The attending members may cast votes for themselves and may act as a proxy for others. In the case of a proxy vote, the member wishing to have a proxy vote in his/her stead must notify the Secretary in writing prior to the election. This notification may be in the form of an email. The Secretary shall note the name of the member asking to use a proxy and the name of the member who will cast the proxy vote at the meeting. The Secretary shall oversee the specific details of the election.

    C. A majority shall rule except for changes to the bylaws of MDLUG, as specified in section VIII.

VII. NOMINATION OF CANDIDATES
     A. Nomination of candidates for office shall be made any time prior to the election, including at the meeting. All nominations must be seconded (the nominee is not eligible to second themselves) and the nominee must accept the nomination to be a candidate. Nominees need not be present at the elect

President, Dr Bob sent me a text today that said:
I don't expect to be there 2/9.  If you can cast CA proxy cast my vote for you or if you are not on the slate cast my vote for Carl.

So, from Dr. Bob's text I guess he is nominating me and Carl for president.