[mdlug] Warning messages during boot up in Ubuntu 14.0

R Kannan rk111810 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 30 12:38:25 EDT 2017

Hi,

Ever since I upgraded to Ubutu 14.04 from 12.04. I have been getting a
series of warnings like the following during boot up.

[   11.060806] systemd-udevd[1404]: failed to execute
'/lib/udev/socket:@/org/freedesktop/hal/udev_event'
'socket:@/org/freedesktop/hal/udev_event': No such file or directory

The system was working fine but for this minor irritation.

Today I decided to get rid of these warnings.I did a search and found
that the solution was to remove one of the packages ('hal') as below:

sudo apt-get purge hal

Now I noticed that I was getting the following warnings as well. Perhaps
these messages were there before but were drowned out by the above
messages during boot. I do not have any issues with audio and perhaps
these messages are harmless.

[   10.178587] systemd-udevd[591]: failed to execute '/usr/sbin/alsactl'
'/usr/sbin/alsactl -E HOME=/var/run/alsa restore 1': No such file or
directory
[   10.180921] systemd-udevd[592]: failed to execute '/usr/sbin/alsactl'
'/usr/sbin/alsactl -E HOME=/var/run/alsa restore 0': No such file or
directory

Any reasons for concern?

Thanks