[mdlug] Cannot play videos on web browsers - Mythbuntu 12.04

R Kannan rk111810 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 12 17:47:16 EST 2017

Hi,

I am using Mythbuntu 12.04 with the latest patches. Whenever I try to
play a video on the web browser (Firefox or Chrome)., I get a message
saying 'libavcodec may be vulnerable or is not supported and should be
updated to play video". I looked at the package and I am on libcodec
versio 4.0.8.17 and this seems to be the latest version in ubuntu archives.

Any ideas on what I should be looking for?

Thanks