[mdlug] Scripting languages

Derek DeJonghe mittendevelopment at gmail.com
Sun Dec 10 12:01:18 EST 2017

I agree with Carl, however less so on the perl. I don't think majority of
employers will expect perl. 100% agree on Bash and Python. I would give
that third spot to either Ruby, or Groovy.

Ruby because it's used in both Chef and Puppet, tho both are Ruby DSL's but
knowing your way around Ruby makes those tools super easy to use.

Groovy because this is the direction jenkins is headed. Jenkins pipeline is
done in Groovy and it's picking up a lot of steam.