[mdlug] Questions about Hosting services

Adam Tauno Williams awilliam at whitemice.org
Mon Jun 27 10:56:09 EDT 2016

On Fri, 2016-06-24 at 10:33 -0400, Mathew May wrote:
> Hey gang,
> Does anyone have any experience with Dreamhost (dreamhost.com) and
> DigitalOcean for hosting?
Have not used either.  I virtual machines from both Linnode and
ChicagoVPS.
Linnode is more expensive - but has been rock-solid forever.  Support
is very fast and top-notch.
ChicagoVPS had some problems for awhile with intermittent performance
issues.  But in the last year I haven't noticed any problems.  It seems
a touch slower than Linnode;  but depending on what you are doing you
might not care.

--
Adam Tauno Williams <mailto:awilliam at whitemice.org> GPG D95ED383